Happy St Patrick’s Day! 🍀🍀
I made this green smoothie this morning to celebrate my Irish roots.
I didn’t measure the ingredients as I didn’t intend to post a recipe on my blog today. I’m very much an unmeasured or intuitive cook who likes to create with whatever ingredients I have in my kitchen or deep freezer. But I cannot let the day go by without giving something special. I have written below the approximate measurements for this green beverage.
It is 100% refreshing and healthy!
- ¼ cup raw almonds with skins, softened
- 1 – 2 frozen banana, chopped (add more for extra creaminess )
- 2 cups (tightly packed) baby spinach
- 1 – 1½ cup(s) fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger root with skin, chopped in small bits
- Water (just enough to cover the ingredients, about 2 cups)
- 4 – 5 ice cubes
- Option: Infuse with fresh mint leaves and/or add extra ice cubes to your portion for freshness.
Put your almonds in a small bowl of water with a lid on and heat up in microwave on high heat for 3 minutes. Remove, strain the hot water and rinse out the almonds with cold tap water to cool them. Add the softened almonds to your blender bowl along with all the other ingredients above except the mint leaves. Whiz gradually increasing to high until creamy. Serve. Can infuse with mint leaves and/or add ice cubes to your portion. Store leftover smoothie in sealed glass bottle for one day in fridge.