This morning, I started my day with a smoothie – a very pink one. In fact, I start most of my days with a smoothie. I never measure the ingredients when I make a smoothie. The best smoothies are often the ones that are made spontaneously.
Making a smoothie is a great way to clean out your fridge and that’s what I did this morning. This smoothie tastes great and it will give a boost to start your day. You can also have it immediately after a workout at the gym to replace electrolytes.
Here’s the recipe:
A very pink good morning smoothie
- About half a pineapple, chopped in big chunks
- One big purplish-red and very ripe plum (with skin), chopped in chunks
- Two small refrigerated bananas, chopped in chunks
- About three handfuls of fresh or frozen cranberries
- One thumb-size piece of ginger root, chopped small
- A splash of coconut milk
- Some 100% pure pink grapefruit juice
- Some water
Put the above in a blender and whizz on high until smooth. Keep leftovers in a glass container in fridge.
Bottoms up and bon appétit!