Here are some simple and nutritious recipe ideas that can be served as a starter, snack or side dish: oven baked french fries with red pepper and guacamole dips. Vegetarians and vegans alike may enjoy these savoury potatoes and wholesome dips as part of their main meal. Bon appétit!
Oven baked french fries
- 600 gr potatoes (or one big potato per person), scrubbed and quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp) vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) smoked paprika
- Ground pepper to taste
Spread onto baking sheet. Roast in pre-heated oven at 220C /430F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Red pepper dip
- 1 big red pepper, chopped in big chunks
- 2 tomatoes, chopped in big chunks
- 1 green or red chili pepper, chopped in chunks (remove seeds for a milder dip)
- 1 garlic bud, chopped in chunks
- Olive oil
- Pink salk and ground pepper
Put all ingredients into a big bowl. Drizzle with vegetable or olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Spread on a baking sheet. Roast in pre-heated oven at 220C /430F for 25-30 or until edges are dark. When done, transfer all ingredients into food processor and process until smooth but still slightly chunky. Pour in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- Lime juice from one green lime
- A handful of green chives, chopped fine
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped fine
- Pink salt and ground pepper to taste.
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients.
4 thoughts on “Oven baked french fries with dips”
totally mouth watering. Included this in my post about vegan dips. Thanks!
Thank you. Simple to make and tasty! A win-win. Cheers!