Here’s a very pretty, delicious and healthy fresh fruit smoothie that I had this morning. Made with mango, blood orange, cranberries, banana, a bit of fresh ginger, some water and ice cubes, having a glass or two at breakfast is a great way to start the day.
High in antioxidants, fibre and essential vitamins and minerals, it can also be consumed after working out to replace electrolytes.
The recipe is below.
Fresh fruit smoothie
- 1 big and ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 large or 2 small blood oranges, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 fresh or frozen ripe banana, chopped
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 small piece of ginger root with peel (about 1 cm or 1/2 inch chunk), or more according to taste
- 1-2 cups of water (start with less and add more as you blend to obtain a desired thickness)
- 1 handful of ice cubes
Makes 6 cups or more
Put all ingredients into your high speed blender. Blend on low gradually increasing to high until creamy. Add more water as needed. Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Pour leftover smoothie into a glass bottle or container with lid and keep in the fridge for one full day.
Enjoy throughout the day.