Incredibly fresh, cool and green, this guacamole-hummus dip is perfect on a hot summer’s day. Made with cucumber, avocados and chickpeas, it’s refreshing and nutritious, and can be served as a starter or a side dish.
Guacamole, cucumber hummus
- 1 jar (350 grams) of chickpeas, drained & rinsed (makes 220 grams drained chickpeas)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium-size cucumber (300 grams) with peel, chopped in chunks
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic buds
- Some fresh dill weed, chopped
- A dash or two of hot pepper flakes, to taste
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
Put the chickpeas, avocados, cucumber, tahini, lemon juice and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and add the dill weed, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cover and chill in fridge for 20 minutes. Serve as a dip or side dish. Garnish with a pinch of hot pepper flakes or other spices.
P.S. – Today, July 31st, is National Avocado Day! 🙂