Just a shot of laughter will take you far. It relieves stress and tension. It makes you feel buoyant and on top of the world. It’s good for your mind, body and spirit. Laughter is the best medicine.
Twelve reasons to laugh more:
- Releases endorphins; the body’s chemicals that make you feel good and happy
- Increases blood flow to muscles and vital organs : heart, lungs and brain
- Generates « gamma » brain wave patterns as in meditation
- Relieves pain
- Protects against heart disease
- Promotes healing
- Lowers cortisol stress hormones
- Improves short-term memory and thinking
- Elevates mood and boosts energy
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps you connect with others
- Helps you cope with difficult situations
Enjoy the six-minute film below and I dare you not to laugh.
2 thoughts on “Twelve reasons to laugh, just for the health of it”